Welcome to my blog



Saturday, July 17, 2010

neglection complex

I realised as a young adult that I suffer from neglection complex (NC). Its a sneaky little complex that you can feed with no one knowing. I first realised it was an issue when in my teens I would steal myself away from the group just to see who if anyone would follow me to see if I was ok. When no one would, a steep slide of sorrow, pity, rejection and poor me would follow, coupled with a bit of self loathing about how stupid I was because I am the one that is leaving myself out anyway! Its been a long time between NC drinks, but I have decided that facebook is bad for NC sufferers. Do you ever post something, then go back and back, waiting for someone to write a reply? But feel neglected and rejected when no one does?

I stopped suffering from NC when my I met my husband. The day I realised I was in love with him was when I was sitting alone (quite accidently, it was not an NC set up) and he came over to make sure I was ok. I decided then that I had to have him! Being in a relationship is a beautiful thing for me. I have someone that has always got my back, no matter how its presented! I think more than anything else, I love my partner because of his kindness. He is kind and gentle with everybody, but most selfishly, because he is always kind to me.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Brizizzle, keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think that we all suffer from NC to a certain extent, but be rest assured that we all love you Briohne. And though we may not be there in person, our thoughts are always with you. Thank you very much for being the wonderful wife and mother that you are. No mother could ask for more for their child than that they find someone to love and be loved by. Thank you Briohne for being that person in Lee's life. I love the love that is always in your home, the way you love my son so much and the way he loves you so much. You are AWESOME my dear girl. Your bossy M-I-L says so, so you better believe i!!!!!

    ReplyDelete